This recipe was seriously so good. Better than I expected.
I am NOT a zucchini person.
I never eat that thing. But, since this is my week of low-carbs, I decided to put a spin on a normal pesto pasta and spice it up with garlic and chili…
… And I was pleasantly surprised!
Zucchnini Pesto ‘Pasta’ with Chicken
- 1 cup Zucchini noodles (thinly slice/peel zucchini into spagetti-size strips (I left the peel on, but its optional)
- 3 ounce Chicken breast (skinless)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped red chili (remove seeds if sensitive to spice)
- 2 tbsp Any pesto sauce (I used a store bought version)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp parmesan (optional)
- Turn up your heat to medium and add 1 tbsp of oil into a non stick pan.
- Add the chicken and stir fry the chicken until cooked (around 3-5 minutes). Season your chicken with some salt.
- Add garlic and chilli to the pan, reduce heat and stir until the garlic turns slightly brown.
- Turn the heat back up and add zucchini to the pan. (Don't worry about the pan being too dry, zucchini releases a ton of water)
- Add the pesto sauce and mix everything together for a good 3-4 minutes so the zucchini captures all flavors. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Plate your dish, and top with grated fresh parmesan if desired, along with some chopped parsley.
Let me know down below what you thought of this recipe!